- Grants and Projects Department
- Gautier Mayor's Youth Council
Gautier Mayor's Youth Council
The GMYC provides youth with opportunities for personal growth and leadership development by encouraging an active role in community-sponsored activities and volunteer work. GMYC members organize and participate in events that improve our city and unite all age groups.
The GMYC accepts members who are dedicated, willing to work, and eager to participate. Members are selected through an application process and must be residents of the City of Gautier. Membership is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors at Gautier High School and Resurrection Catholic School.
Members are required to:
- Complete a team-building retreat to become more familiar with other GMYC members and the mission of the Council
- Take the oath of office pledging to support the GMYC mission and adhere to the code of conduct
- Complete 10 hours of community service per semester (must be documented)
- Attend at least two Gautier City Council meetings throughout the year
GMYC membership terms are one (1) year. Succession is not mandatory or automatic. To remain a member, students cannot have more than three (3) unexcused absences from monthly meetings.