- Grants and Projects Department
Grants and Projects Department
The City of Gautier receives grant funds from federal and state agencies as well as private entities. These grants are designated for specific purposes and are used to support ongoing City services, programs, and larger capital improvements.
The Grants and Projects Department is responsible for managing and monitoring all current grants by completing grant reporting and working with City departments to ensure all funding is being used in compliance with the grant requirements. The Department is also responsible for researching new grant opportunities and assembling competitive grant applications.
The City of Gautier receives funding through agencies such as FEMA/MEMA, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Mississippi Department of Homeland Security, Gulf Regional Planning Commission, Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality, Mississippi Development Authority, Mississippi Office of Highway Safety, Mississippi Department of Marine Resources, and Mississippi Department of Transportation.
The Grants and Projects Department helps plan, manage, and execute all City projects, including road improvements and other infrastructure projects, preservation projects, new buildings, and public park amenities.
The City of Gautier's current and past major projects include:
- Bacot Park Renovations
- Gautier Vancleave Road Sanitary Sewer Project
- Historic Schoolhouse Restoration
- Martin Bluff Road Widening Improvements and Sidewalks Project
- Mississippi Songwriters Performing Arts Center and Hall of Fame Museum
- Nanofiltration Water Treatment Plant and City Hall Water Well
- Old Spanish Trail Wastewater System Upgrades
- Shepard State Park Kayak Launch and Boat Launch Improvements
- Shepard State Park Log Cabin Welcome Center
- Shepard State Park Marshwalk
- Town Commons Park Development (The Sound Amphitheater)
Bids & RFPs
To view our current bids and request for proposals, click here.
Public Information/Media Inquiries
The City of Gautier's communications specialist is part of the Grants and Projects Department. This position is responsible for supporting the strategy, planning, and execution of the City's communication plans and programs.
The communications specialist manages media relations and the day-to-day flow of information across various platforms, including the City website and social media platforms. This role also creates public notices and press releases; performs data analysis and compilation; and implements and enhances branding strategies.