EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION PROCESS
All persons interested in employment with the City of Gautier must submit a current application to the Office of Human Resources in order to be considered. An eligible applicant’s application shall remain on file for one (1) year. It is your responsibility to keep your application up to date with your most recent address, phone number, or employment information.
Applications are only accepted during the approved posting period of a vacant position.
- Certified Police/Fire applicants interested in a lateral transfer should contact us for more information on how to apply.
- Complete and sign all sections on your application. It is imperative that you take your time and fill out the application legibly and completely; and attain and submit all required documents. An incomplete application without the required documents WILL NOT be considered for employment.
- A resume’ will be accepted, but must be accompanied by a completed and signed application and all required documents.
- Employment applications and required documents must be returned to the Office of Human Resources between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday by the closing date of the position being applied for at:
City of Gautier
Attn: Office of Human Resources
3330 Hwy 90
Gautier, MS 39553
Phone: (228) 497-8000, Fax: (228) 497-8028
- All Applicants MUST meet the minimum following requirements:
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States
- Applicant must meet any minimum age requirements listed in the job description
- Applicant must provide proof of a high school diploma or GED equivalent. (attach a copy to your application)
- Applicant must be an elector of the county in which he/she resides. Out of state applicants must provide proof of voter registration. (attach a copy to your application)
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license (driver’s license number and state must be listed on the application)
- Police and Fire applicants must perform and successfully complete a physical agility test. (The pre-employment agility test release in the application packet must be signed, notarized and submitted with your application and other required documents.)
- Police, Fire and some Administrative applicants will also be required to pass a written examination.
- Applicant must meet any other educational requirements listed in the job description and must provide proof of a college degree or transcript verifying course work if it is listed as a requirement. (attach a copy to your application)
- Applicant must provide proof of prior experience if listed as a requirement in the job description. A Verification of Prior Experience form in the application packet must be submitted to your prior employer for experience verification. Your prior employer will complete this form on your behalf verifying your prior work experience and will forward it to us at the Office of Human Resources for the City of Gautier.
- These required documents MUST be submitted with the application. Applications without all required documents may not be considered for employment.
The City of Gautier is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, veteran or handicapped status. The City of Gautier will attempt to meet any reasonable request for accommodation in the hiring process in accordance with Title II of the ADA.